RJ Hoyman Scholarships
RJ Hoyman Scholarships provide awards of $2,500 to students who excel in their contribution to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate students admitted to and scheduled for enrollment at the UO;
- Demonstration of a commitment, through community service and advocacy groups, to the LGBTQ community within the state of Oregon; and
- Academic merit or achievement, as determined by the scholarship selection committee.
Special consideration is given to first-year students, community college transfer students, first-generation college students, and other new or returning students who promote an educational interest in attaining a diverse student population.
All applications must include:
- The application form.
- A resume outlining your community service, work history and other extracurricular activities, including experiences and service to the LGBTQIA community.
- Answers to the supplemental questions, found on the application form.
- Copy of transcript, unofficial transcripts or photocopies are sufficient. Incoming first year students may include high school transcripts.
All applications should be submitted no later than September 24, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. PDT.
Creating Change Scholarship
Apply for a scholarship for UO undergraduate and graduate students to attend the Creating Change Conference, a National LGBTQIA+ conference! The conference brings more than 4,000 LGBTQIA+ people to engage in four days of workshops and fun activities across disciplines, including education, activism, identity caucuses, social services, history, research, and more! You can find more information at www.thetaskforce.org/creatingchange.html.
Check back fall 2021 for an application to Creating Change Conference, to be held in New Orleans, LA, in 2022!
John R. Moore Scholarship
This scholarship is presented to students who excel in their contributions to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, and allied (LGBTQIA+) community at the University of Oregon. Factors for selection may include leadership and service in the university LGBTQIA+ community, financial need, study and research as it relates to LGBTQIA issues, and/or commitment to supporting the progress of LGBTQIA+ civil rights movements. The 2021 Moore Award is $2,000 per recipient.
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate students
- No GPA requirement
- Nomination for the award is not required
How to Apply
To apply for the John R. Moore Scholarship please complete the following:
- Honors and Awards supplemental questions (as applicable)
- Respond "Yes" to the John R. Moore Scholarship question
- Complete the John R. Moore supplemental question: "Describe how you have contributed to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community at the University of Oregon. This may include leadership positions, service to the LGBTQ community, study and research as it relates to LGBTQ issues and/or commitment to supporting the progress of LGBTQ civil rights."
Recipients of this award are invited to the annual Honors and Awards ceremony in spring 2021.