John R. Moore Scholarship
This scholarship is presented to students who excel in their contributions to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, and allied (LGBTQIA+) community at the University of Oregon. Factors for selection may include leadership and service in the university LGBTQIA+ community, financial need, study and research as it relates to LGBTQIA issues, and/or commitment to supporting the progress of LGBTQIA+ civil rights movements. The 2021 Moore Award is $2,000 per recipient.
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate students
- No GPA requirement
- Nomination for the award is not required
How to Apply
To apply for the John R. Moore Scholarship please complete the following:
- Honors and Awards supplemental questions (as applicable)
- Respond "Yes" to the John R. Moore Scholarship question
- Complete the John R. Moore supplemental question: "Describe how you have contributed to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community at the University of Oregon. This may include leadership positions, service to the LGBTQ community, study and research as it relates to LGBTQ issues and/or commitment to supporting the progress of LGBTQ civil rights."
Creating Change Scholarship
Apply for a scholarship for UO undergraduate and graduate students to attend the Creating Change Conference, a National LGBTQIA+ conference! The conference brings more than 4,000 LGBTQIA+ people to engage in four days of workshops and fun activities across disciplines, including education, activism, identity caucuses, social services, history, research, and more! You can find more information at www.thetaskforce.org/creatingchange.html.
Check back fall 2021 for an application to Creating Change Conference, to be held in New Orleans, LA, in 2022!
RJ Hoyman Scholarships
These scholarships are given to students who excel in their contribution to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. Selection is based on the following criteria: undergraduate students admitted to and scheduled for enrollment at the UO who have demonstrated a commitment, through community service and advocacy groups, to the LGBTQ community within the state of Oregon, and academic merit or achievement, as determined by the scholarship selection committee. Special consideration given to: first-year freshmen or community college transfer students, first-generation college students, and other new or returning students who promote an educational interest in attaining a diverse student population.
To apply, complete the online application form. In addition to attaching your resume and a copy of your transcript, you will be asked to provide answers to the following supplemental questions:
- In what ways have you demonstrated commitment through community service, and involvement in advocacy and education to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, queer, intersex, asexual, agender, and aromantic (LGBTQIA) community?
- Discuss any hardship, including financial, you have overcome to pursue your academic career at the University of Oregon.
- Are you planning on attending the University of Oregon Winter 2021?
Applications for the 2020 scholarship have closed. Check back in summer and early fall term 2021 to apply for the 2021 scholarship.