The Student Advisory Board (SAB) for the Office of the Dean of Students at the University of Oregon serves by enhancing the numerous programs, initiatives, and support services available to UO students through the Office of the Dean of Students. Members of the SAB represent the voice of our diverse student body and support a wide range of student advocacy programs and initiatives.
Current programs under the Dean of Students office include:
- Multicultural Education, Student Engagement, and Success
- Nontraditional and Veteran Engagement and Success
- ASUO Women’s Center and ASUO Men’s Center
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Student Success
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- LGBTQIA+ Education and Support Services
- Sexual Violence Response and Support Services
- Sexual Violence Prevention and Education
- Off-campus Student Resources and Services
- Student Conduct and Community Standards
Some of the responsibilities of the SAB members include:
- Advocating for, providing feedback from, and collaborating with campus programs, initiatives, and services.
- Increasing student access and awareness of services provided by the Dean of Students Office with an emphasis on underrepresented and marginalized communities.
- Appraising and evaluating effectiveness of current and potential programs.
- Participating in Dean of Students programming, activities, and campus events.
The Student Advisory Board meets twice monthly on the first and third Fridays of the month from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and is comprised primarily of undergraduate and graduate students. Members have the opportunity to improve leadership, networking, and professional skills while being mentored by Dean of Students and Division of Student Life staff, and receive a $250 stipend for the academic year.
Applications are accepted during spring term. Check back later for more information.