The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards has compiled the following resources for faculty and staff:
- Student Conduct Updates for Faculty: September 22, 2023
- Addressing Academic Misconduct: Faculty Guide
- Make a Report
- Student Conduct Code and Procedures
- Assisting Students of Concern
- Report a Crime to UOPD
- Frequently Asked Questions
Promoting Academic Integrity
Talk about academic integrity and why it is important as well as what constitutes academic misconduct, and why it is detrimental for students. Do this early and often:
- Provide clear academic integrity guidelines and policy information in the syllabus and/or in your Canvas site.
- Give clear and specific guidelines about what constitutes acceptable collaboration and sharing of or using others’ work.
- Provide clear and specific guidelines and resources for source use and citation expectations.
- Assess students’ knowledge of academic integrity expectations for your course.
- Hold students accountable for their actions in accordance with university policy.
Suggested Statement for Syllabus regarding Academic Misconduct
SCCS highly recommends including a statement regarding academic misconduct in all course syllabi.
Academic Misconduct: The University Student Conduct Code (available at conduct.uoregon.edu) defines academic misconduct. Students are prohibited from committing or attempting to commit any act that constitutes academic misconduct. By way of example, students should not give or receive (or attempt to give or receive) unauthorized help on assignments or examinations without express permission from the instructor. Students should properly acknowledge and document all sources of information (e.g. quotations, paraphrases, ideas) and use only the sources and resources authorized by the instructor. If there is any question about whether an act constitutes academic misconduct, it is the students’ obligation to clarify the question with the instructor before committing or attempting to commit the act. Additional information about a common form of academic misconduct, plagiarism, is available at https://researchguides.uoregon.edu/citing-plagiarism.