Student Care Team
The Student Care Team (SCT) was formed to address concerns about student behavior that may be disruptive to the integrity of the learning environment. Specific examples of these concerns may include:
- Suicide attempts
- Activities or events that may impact the campus community
- Activities or events that may impact a student’s ability to stay in school
- Activities or events that may impact the safety of the community
The SCT also functions as an interdisciplinary problem-solving group where multiple departments and personnel are working collaboratively to support a student or to support those impacted by a particular student’s behavior.
If you have a concern about a student, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students, 541-346-8206. The SCT provides presentations and workshops on dealing with disruptive or distressed students and provides guidance on the encouragement of positive community standards.
Members of the SCT include representatives from the Office of the Dean of Students, University Counseling Center, the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, University of Oregon Police Department, University Housing, University Health Center, and others as needed. The SCT meets weekly.
When to Refer a Student
- If your efforts to manage a significant classroom behavioral issue have not resolved the problem
- If you are concerned about the welfare of a student, yourself, or other students
- If a student asks for help in dealing with personal issues that are outside your role as a faculty or staff member
- If you have referred the student for assistance in the past and there seems to be no improvement, or things seem to be worsening
Please use our online form and provide as much detail as possible.
If you need assistance or have questions, please call the Office of the Dean of Students at 541-346-8206.