If there is an emergency, call. If you're not sure, call.
We are dedicated to making sure you have the support and resources you need to have an exceptional college experience at the UO. Wherever you are in your college career or whatever challenges you are facing, we are here to help.
Care and Advocacy Program
The Care and Advocacy Program is committed to providing students with resources and support needed to navigate the UO and have a successful university career. Students may face challenges during college—personal crises, mental health concerns, unanticipated family situations, and unexpected life events that can disrupt a student’s ability to focus on academics. Our program is here to help you navigate these challenges while remaining a student at the university.
In order to promote social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Office of the Dean of Students (DOS) is currently operating with reduced staffing levels and has transitioned to offering most services remotely. Thank you for your understanding and patience as together we work to sustain the health and well-being of our campus community. Please call 541-346-3216 if you need assistance.
Emergency Response Numbers
University Police Department
University Counseling Services (after hours)
University Health Services
Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
What We Do
The Care and Advocacy Program provides to following:
- Review of all student concerns and case coordination
- Initial outreach to students experiencing concern
- Referral to on- and off-campus support
- Navigation through university policies and student options, including student leave policies
- Support and resources to guide respondents through the conduct process
- Follow-up with students of concern
- Emergency academic notification when a student is incapacitated
- Consultation with students, parents, faculty, and staff who are wanting to refer a student