Report a Concern

See Something, Say Something, Do Something

If you are concerned about a student and this is a non-emergency, we encourage you to complete a report. If you consider the situation to be an emergency, call 9-1-1. Sometimes students cannot or will not ask for support, so informing us of your concern may be a critical factor in getting them support. There are a number of reasons why students might need help that you can report on this form, including their physical and mental well-being, issues of bias, demonstrating concerning behaviors, or you are concerned they are missing. More information about these possible concerns and our process is listed below.

Report a Concern

Please note: Reports are not reviewed after hours, on weekends, or during university holidays or breaks. If you consider the situation to be an emergency, call 9-1-1.

In some cases, the student will be contacted by the Office of the Dean of Students and directed to supportive resources on or off campus.

Important Additional Information

  • Filing a Community Care and Support report is not appropriate if the student or situation requires immediate attention or if there is an emergency of any kind. Instead, please call 9-1-1 or the University of Oregon Police Department at 541-346-2919.
  • If a current student poses a threat of harm to self or others, please call the University of Oregon Police Department at 541-346-2919.
  • Community Care and Support forms will be reviewed within one (1) business day; however, they are not reviewed outside of business hours (Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.) or during holiday breaks.  
  • Once the Community Care and Support form has been reviewed, a clearly defined level of care protocol is used to determine the most appropriate steps. 
  • We will follow up with the person(s) who submit Community Care and Support forms only when additional information is needed.
  • If you have submitted a Community Care and Support form and have more information to share or questions, please call us at 541-346-3216.
  • The Community Care and Support form is designed to be one of the ways to help connect current students with the resources to help support them. Common reasons to fill out this form can include, but are not limited to the following: 
    • Suicide concerns
    • Academic concerns
    • Adjustment issues
    • Death or grief
    • Financial or food insecurity 
    • Personal health or wellness
    • Relationships or student engagement
    • Bias or harassment concerns

Reporting Sexual Misconduct or Interpersonal Violence

It is important to know that reporting sexual misconduct or interpersonal violence does not guarantee confidentiality. If the name of a student survivor is identified, the appropriate staff in the Office of the Dean of Students will provide support and advocacy in accordance with expected protocols and procedures.

If appropriate, this report may also be routed to the Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance to consider the appropriateness of completing a preliminary investigation into the sexual harassment or sexual assault allegations. Students concerned about maintaining the highest level of confidentiality possible in reporting to the university may choose to access confidential resources instead. A team of confidential employees available to students can be found on the website.

If you are university staff or faculty, please first review your employee responsibilities before making a report. 

How to Report

Reporting a Crime

The UO urges everyone to report criminal activity (such as a break-in or intruder, robbery, or assault) immediately to 9-1-1. For non-emergency situations on campus, contact UO Police Department's non-emergency line at 541-346-2919.